Friday, July 09, 2010

Women From The Ancient Cities










Almost more than anything I enjoy
looking at a woman but most of all
I enjoy looking at a woman while
I’m drawing her. But many women now
or maybe it’s been this way for decades
but somehow I’ve just never noticed it
pose for drawing as if a camera
is involved somewhere in the equation.
They smile. Or they make a cute face. Emote.

As if the world is divided between
what Taylor calls Disney bubblegum shit
and the sexting stuff Miley does for fun.

You can have a metaphor only if
something stands in the place of something else.

Everything else has been taken away.

It’s a rough time to be a woman but
it’s worse if you’re a guy who likes to draw.







. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Sexting Teens: Miley Cyrus, Vanessa Hudgens,
Nudity and Cell Phones



Taylor Momsen: I’m Not ‘Miley Fucking Cyrus’


*


Ancient Cities Of The Moon


You Damn Punk Kids


I’m Sorry The World Did This To You




“Sexy As The Dead Bridges”


The Metaphysics Of Elle


The Built World Before The Wrecking Crew


Is This A Junkyard Church

















No comments: