Wednesday, July 28, 2010

“Heavy Cargo In The Heart Of The Sea”


Sunday I bought a new wristwatch from Amazon. I paid for two day delivery and today the ships of Tarshish carrying the wares of Tyre arrived.


The watch is a new model Timex Expedition.

Expedition.

I love that. It’s not an expensive watch. It looks exactly like this. (It’s not the big Expedition with the rectangular display and graphics.) But I’m a numbers kind of guy and in addition to just telling time this one also works as a timer and stopwatch and has three alarms. And when there’s a tennis tournament going on the watch has a second time zone I can set to Australia time or France time or Britain time.

When I bought the watch from Amazon I also bought an old book on music theory I wanted to re-read. That also came today and I’m very happy.

Normally when I wanted to read that particular book I checked it out from a library. But something weird happened around here.

Somebody stole the copy of the old book from the library where I normally checked it out. So last week I drove like ten miles south to another library because their computer card catalogue said they had the book on the shelf. When I got there the book wasn’t on the shelf and when a librarian looked into the situation she said the book hadn’t been checked out since 1986 [!] so that meant the book probably had been stolen from them, too.

The only library around here that owns the old book is a library I don’t like to visit. (Mischa Barton, Mischa Barton — The international banker-alchemists hang out there and I’m afraid of them.)

So I bought myself a copy of the book.

And today my new watch arrived and my new copy of a cool old book arrived.


Now I’ve got time on my hands and a good book to read.









. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Tears From The Heart Of The Sea


Expeditions

Daddy Needs A New Pair Of Shoes

Expedition To Amy

The Evening Sky Is Cloudy

Someday: The Last Expedition

“Expedition” Versus “Going Out”



The Beautiful Parking Lot Without Mercy





















No comments: