Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tears From The Heart Of The Sea



" ' Haran, Canneh and Eden and merchants of Sheba, Asshur and Kilmad traded with you. In your marketplace they traded with you beautiful garments, blue fabric, embroidered work and multicolored rugs with cords twisted and tightly knotted.

" ' The ships of Tarshish serve
as carriers for your wares.
You are filled with heavy cargo
in the heart of the sea. ' "



*


" ' As they wail and mourn over you,
they will take up a lament concerning you:
"Who was ever silenced like Tyre,
surrounded by the sea?"

When your merchandise went out on the seas,
you satisfied many nations;
with your great wealth and your wares
you enriched the kings of the earth.

Now you are shattered by the sea
in the depths of the waters;
your wares and all your company
have gone down with you.

All who live in the coastlands
are appalled at you;
their kings shudder with horror
and their faces are distorted with fear.

The merchants among the nations hiss at you;
you have come to a horrible end
and will be no more. ' "




Ezekiel 27:23-25 and Ezekiel 27:32-36







I have an umbrella leaning against
the corner in my room. The umbrella
is made of bright blue waterproof fabric.

It isn’t embroidered but it is blue.
And when it’s open I’ve never been wet.

I almost lost it once but I found it.

Once I made a video about it.

I use the umbrella to exercise.
It helps me keep my balance on lunges
and spread my hands properly on push-ups.

A martial artist once instructed me
on a couple of proper ways to thrust
the umbrella’s point and to use the shaft
to parry and misdirect an attack.

I have a waterproof blue umbrella
and my umbrella does a lot for me.

But I don’t expect my blue umbrella
to help me against the heart of the sea.

The sea is salt water. And so are tears.

I don’t want an umbrella that stops tears.













. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Mischa: The Temptation To Go Unplugged

Affannato

Pluto In Magic And Alchemy



Imagining My Lost Blue Umbrella

Umbrella Button: The Movie
















No comments: