Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One Quick Megan Fox Moment





If news reports and the IMDB are to be believed, Megan Fox did talk herself out of the female lead role in the next Transformers movie.




I’ve never seen this happen before.

In all the popular franchises with continuity I’m aware of (Scream 1-3, Star Wars 4-6 and 1-3 and the Twilight things) no actor or actress ever was replaced during the series.

Now, I’ve said and done a lot of stupid things in my life. Sometimes the stupid things I’ve said and done have had serious consequences. But I’ve never talked my way out of one of the most commercially successful and biggest budget trilogies in the entertainment business.

This was an extraordinary achievement for Megan Fox. I didn’t see “Jonah Hex” but I did see “Jennifer’s Body” and Megan should not have been talking herself out of any paying project let alone one of the most high-profile projects in Hollywood.

Wow.


*


The other “Transformers” note I have is that the only character I really liked in either of the first two movies was the evil sexy mechanical Alice from “Revenge of the Fallen.” Look! She’s reading an astronomy book! She and I would have a lot to talk about! Damn—I never get to meet evil sexy mechanical creatures that are interested in astronomy!


















No comments: