Friday, June 18, 2010

Exact Numbers



Too many hands on my time
Too many feelings
Too many things on my mind

When I leave
I don’t know what I’m hoping to find
When I leave
I don’t know what I’m leaving behind




Rush, Analog Kid










There used to be a big billboard
of Maria Sharapova
just a block away from my house.

I could see it over the roofs
of the buildings in the alley.

It was a big billboard version
of a print campaign for watches.

Oddly the advertising types
took it down the Friday before
the start of French Open tennis.

Today is the Friday before
the start of Wimbledon tennis.

Nobody put Maria back
on the billboard behind my house.

I miss her although I’d never
wear the watch she advertises.

I am not an analog kid.

My watch has to be digital.

I know what I’m leaving behind.

I know what I’m hoping to find.

I am made of exact numbers.

I miss Maria’s picture but
even big pictures are flat things
no matter how you look at them.






















. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



A Real Hawk Scares A Fashion Swan


The Fuzzy Green Balls Aren’t Monsters


Maybe The Fuzzy Green Balls Are Monsters


Cookies And High Heels In A Clean Kitchen


















No comments: