Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Skirts Like The Sound Of Dirigibles




I said, “I really like that shirt.
Did you buy it at the Gap?”

The young woman’s employee name tag
displayed the name, ‘Lisa.’

Lisa smiled.
She said, inevitably, “This old thing?” Then she

surprised me. “I made this myself.
I like it, too.” She turned from

the stacks of paperbacks and faced me.
“Do you really like it?

Or did you compliment my shirt
just to start talking to me?”

I smiled, too, and gave myself
one hot second to come up with

some mid-ground between sounding gay,
saying I did like her shirt,

or sounding like
a jackass pickup artist tossing a line.

“I can’t introspect
that deeply off the cuff,” I said, shrugging.

“Off the cuff,” Lisa repeated,
making a lemon-taste face.











I learned recently that there are women
who can convert a shirt into a skirt.

It isn’t important how I learned this.

I don’t have a real life photograph but
there are pictures of these things on the net:


So a guy learns he’s missing a shirt then
he sees his girl wearing it like a pelt.

Shirt skirts—I’d like to hear what the shirts think.

























No comments: