Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Headphones (The Good And The Bad)



B: “How come your headphones have a fancy blue indicator on them and mine don’t? Your headphones have a fancy blue indicator showing which side is for the right ear. My headphones have nothing. I have to try to squint to try to read the little L or the little R. You’re just listening. I’m singing. Why are your headphones better than mine? Shouldn’t I have the good headphones?”

M: “Your headphones are exactly the same as mine, sweetheart. I just put a little piece of blue masking tape on mine because I have trouble seeing the little letters. But the headphones are exactly the same. Same make, same model. You do have good headphones.”

B: “Do you hate me? Is that why you treat me this way? Do you want to see me cry? Have I hurt you? Why doesn’t anybody love me?”







The question whether (and if so, to what extent) Marić contributed to Einstein's early work, and to the Annus Mirabilis Papers in particular, has been the subject of some debate. However, the overwhelming consensus among professional historians of physics is that she did not. A few academics, outside the consensus among historians, have argued that she may have played some role.










I used to like headphones. I used to love
playing my guitar through a practice amp
output to headphones with fluid-filled ear-cups
that blocked me off from the room around me
and immersed me in the sounds I performed,
the music, the tone, sustain and echo.

At some point for some reason I don’t know
I stopped liking headphones and I wear them
now only when I practice late at night.
I’ve wondered if one world could slip away
from another when you’re immersed in sound.
Do you remove headphones in a new world?

If I could ask somebody about this
I think I’d like to ask Einstein’s first wife
but she is many worlds away from here
but every time I put on my headphones
and play a melody and harmony
I hope I’ll finish playing in her world.









. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Headphones And Crucibles


A Beard Tangled With Headphones



Pamela At The Doorway To Atlantis



Ancient Cities Of The Moon


















No comments: