Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Fons Et Origo Of Mad Laughter



This is all pretend of course. It’s actress Kristin Kreuk pretending to be Lana Lang and actor Michael Rosenbaum pretending to be Lex Luthor. And “Lana Lang” and “Lex Luthor” are cartoon characters anyway. It’s pretend pretend.






I don’t remember where I was walking
but today I saw a woman whose face
looked like the face of the actress who played
“Lana Lang” on the TV show Smallville.

For a second, for a quantum instant,
somewhere in my head I said, “It’s Lana.”

For a second, for that fleeting instant,
it was as if I left reality
and for whatever’s the smallest unit
that can be used to measure time’s passing,
for whatever is a quantum instant,
I felt like I was living in Smallville
walking somewhere and Lana Lang walked past.

As small as that quantum instant might be
my hand is shaking remembering it
because I also remember clearly
being happy with Lana walking past
in Smallville and wanting to not come back.

I spend so much time lost in fantasy
that it feels strange to feel so terrified
at having slipped away for an instant
but I ask myself what if this woman
had a voice that sounded like the actress
who played “Lana Lang” and had noticed me
looking at her and had smiled and said, “Hi.”

I don’t think I’d be here typing these words.

It’s like a LuthorCorp experiment
is going on around me in real life.

And Chloe says these things never end well!










. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



LuthorCorp Experiments: The Hero’s Commitment

“the fons et origo of mad laughter”




Freedom From The Wild/Lost In Metonymy



















No comments: