Tuesday, November 22, 2011

On Being ‘The Girl’




A fast course in insect pathology
And you
That’s all a monster asks for
When he’s living in a hole
Without you







She said, “Why would the monster want a fast course in insect pathology? I understand why the monster would want the girl. The monster always wants the girl. But the monster is already a monster, right? So why would the monster want a fast course in insect pathology?”

He said, “You’re assuming the monster starts out with an existential, material form. A giant ant. A giant spider. Something like that. I’m assuming the monster starts out as something more ethereal, a kind of energy field, or, as I’d put it, a kind of morphic resonance potential. When the possibility of monster behavior comes into existence around that monster potential, the monster takes shape, becomes an existential, material reality, and acts out monster events. That’s why the monster needs a course in insect pathology—to properly manifest an appropriate monster appearance.”

She said, “Did you think of that when you wrote the song? Or did you make that up just now when I asked you the question?”

He said, “You know, a monster might not want you.”

She gasped, putting one hand over her mouth. She pointed at him with her other hand and spoke through her fingers over her mouth.

She said, “That’s the most awful thing you’ve ever said to me!”

He said, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it.”

She said, “If you didn’t mean it then take it back.”

He said, “I take it back.”

She said, “Do you really take it back or are you just saying that because I asked you to?”

He said, “You know, a monster might not want you.”

She said, “You said it again! Stop saying that! Oh my God!”










. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Bluetits


Street Lights And Slutty Bluetits


























No comments: