Saturday, April 17, 2010

Big Glass Views Of The Heavens



... And, while the scientists are working away in their laboratories, I will be in my office somewhere deep in the heart of the complex plotting away at my supervillain schemes. And sometimes late at night I will take my supervillain-type beautiful sidekick into the main dome and raise the floor to the big refractor’s eyepiece and dazzle her with big glass views of the heavens.






Today is a special day for Impossible Kisses.


Today is April 17, 2010, and ...

        It was twenty years ago today
        Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play
        They’ve been going in and out of style
        But they’re guaranteed to raise a smile

... it was four years ago today, April 17, 2006, that I put up my first ever blog post. My first post was a four-part sequence:

Impossible Kisses: The Empty Lot Behind My House

Impossible Kisses: I Thought It Was Wood

Impossible Kisses: The Moon In The Field Behind The Old Post Office

Impossible Kisses: The Turtle At The Center Of The World



Today would be a good day to end Impossible Kisses and move on to a new blog. It would be like graduating from a four-year program. But I think I’m not going to do that. I was never any good at four-year programs in real life, so why should I be any different in cyberspace?

I think I’m going to stick around a bit longer.

I haven’t given up on one or two of my old supervillain schemes. And I may have one or two new supervillain schemes to try out. I mean: “... to launch on an unsuspecting world!” And—what the hell—Skye Sweetnam I think is still available if I ever get around to funding a sexy young sidekick.

So there’s that to look forward to.

And I really would like to tie up the loose end of my “Year of the Cat” fantasy. I can play my part. I want to meet a woman who can play her part. I want to tape that and post it. Tori Amos. Skye Sweetnam. Alyson Michalka. Someone.

I’m working on it.




* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *







“I’m starting to get a complex. It seems all the women I find even remotely appealing turn out to be psychopaths.”







“Hmm. Birds of a feather.”








* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

























No comments: