Friday, April 30, 2010

Coming Attractions





This is the beautiful herpetologist in her sexy tee shirt walking away from the Big Explosion at the end of “Anaconda 3.”

The last video store in the neighborhood is closing so I was able to buy another monster snake movie for $5.

*

Normally on Friday I like to have something special but today I don’t have much.

*

This was a big week for me because I did my very first animation ever on the blog Wednesday. There will be more of this in the coming weeks.

But I’m taking my time.

I’ve got a bunch of other things pending, too, but one of the problems with doing stuff out there in the real world is that it takes time and if I’m out there in real life doing stuff I have less time for writing about stuff. Normally I can get something like a reasonable balance. But lately I’ve had a chance to do a lot of cool things and although I’m going to be posting about most of them I want to get the posts right.

So I’m taking my time.

Last Friday’s post was important to me. [ The Occult Technology Of Lost Songs ] A lot of the stuff I’ve got coming up will be further elaborations and explorations of all the content from that post. Especially more stuff about the studio as a compositional tool. Brian Eno said a lot of interesting things back then. That was like thirty years ago! Of course Frank Zappa was actually doing all those things, also, but nowadays when you look around the web on this topic Brian Eno is the conceptual focus for the topic. (One could make the case Ray Harryhausen was doing stuff like that, too, but in a visual media context rather than a music context.) All that really matters, however, is that the reality of that kind of thinking is very cool, and technological resources supporting such thoughts—for everyone, as in mumblecore—have never been richer.

I’m taking my time because now is a good time to do this stuff right.

*

I am surrounded
by a mad scientist’s lab
that’s a studio.

It seems to stretch out
as far as the eyes can see.
Beautiful women

in sexy tee shirts
have explosions behind them.
Coming attractions.









. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Primal Forces Of Nature


Candles














No comments: