Thursday, April 22, 2010

In Shanghai We’re All Dramatic Chipmunks


I get suckered by cool advertising imagery. Well, I get suckered by cool imagery and, these days, the only cool imagery anyone is likely to see comes from the advertising world.

Which is not to slight YouTube. Dramatic Chipmunk is pretty cool imagery.

But the advertising world often is even better than wide-eyed prairie dogs.

I mentioned that I bought Tascam’s little guitar digital assistant for the most part just because I think the Tascam Girl is so sexy.

My favorite image from the ad world right now is this one:





The beautiful woman is French actress Marion Cotillard. I don’t know who the guy is. The beautiful city in the background is Shanghai.

This is part of a giant, monster-budget ad campaign from the high-fashion company Dior. They have a website about the whole deal at www.ladyDior.com. The website is full of great images, but it is all Flash-based so if you don’t have a high-speed connection the site is about as fun as getting hit in the head with a hammer.

There’s a quick summary of the campaign here: Marion Cotillard continues her role as the face of Lady Dior ...

Apparently the whole campaign is built around some new product introduction next month. There even will be a 12-minute movie shot by David Lynch. (Or I suppose since kids know nothing about the past: David Lynch.)

Yeah, well, to my eyes Shanghai looks like the most beautiful city on Earth and I have never fallen out of love with Audrey. If I could take Audrey to Shanghai, adventure would be waiting just ahead.

Shanghai looks like the future. The future looks pretty cool.








. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Dramatic Chipmunk at Wikipedia



Adventure’s Waiting Just Ahead


Empty Lots


Hypnotized By Advertising

















No comments: