Friday, June 26, 2009

The New Horizons Spacecraft As Julia Adams


I wish I was out there somewhere between Saturn

and Uranus beneath the New Horizons probe

still more than two thousand days away from Pluto

I would be like the creature from the Black Lagoon

unseen but swimming beneath Julia Adams

I’d be a human-shaped monster and the spacecraft

built of silicon and metal and composites

would be a real human woman in a swimsuit

close so close close enough to touch with my clawed hand

and I do reach out and touch the human woman

make the briefest contact for the briefest moment

but we are forever separate distant things

different things somehow in the same universe

somehow close enough to touch then forever gone

I will die in the third chapter of whatever

trilogy grows from our encounter our moment

forever separate different distant things

but the beautiful woman in the white swimsuit

swimming above me swimming without seeing me

somehow close enough to touch and touched and then gone

is a fiction portrayed by an actress at work

with a career and years of living still ahead

Pluto is waiting for the New Horizons probe

my claw reaches out touches Julia Adams







. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .




New Horizons Wikipedia Page



New Horizons NASA Website









Rock and roll
is desire, fulfillment and loss


Get Well Soon, Marianne Faithfull! #4:
The Twenty-Six Muscles Of The Human Face







P.S. Yes I know Julie Adams now spells
her name with an “ie” and
not with an “ia.” But I grew up
watching the credits of
“The Creature from the Black Lagoon.”
I’ve always seen her name there and
thought of her as “Julia”
the way the film credits her so
for writing this I stayed inside
my subjective reality.
Julie Adams has her own website
as “Julie” so we can all share
her reality there.

—Mark




















No comments: