Friday, April 17, 2009

Yawn. Oh. Special Effects. Yawn.


People these days don’t pay much attention
to big or small budget special effects.
Actors flying, a rampaging T-Rex—
No one even has to ask the question,

“How’d they do that?” because at the mention
of spaceship chases, impossible wrecks,
the answer’s always the same old suspects,
tech drones tweaking a pixel’s dimension.

The waning Moon is moving toward the Sun.
Next month Jupiter will pass by Neptune.
Right now Mars seems to get chased by Venus.

People these days are too bored for the fun
of effects even with no techie loon
pecking keys. Real stars ask, “Have you seen us?”






. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .




Today is the third full year [!] of me doing Impossible Kisses.


April 17,2006: Impossible Kisses: The Empty Lot Behind My House

April 17, 2007: The Copycat Effect

April 17, 2008: One Degree Of Richard Brautigan



I still haven’t uploaded my novel Impossible Kisses,” which was the main reason I started the blog. (That, and I wanted to impress a beautiful young woman named Ashley [Mischa Barton, Mischa Barton] with my writing skills. She was so impressed she went off and married someone and now is busy living happily ever after.) However, these three years have been wildly more fun and wildly different from anything I ever anticipated.


I have no plans to stop.

(I have no plans to stop, even though this blog is not making me rich. I’ve had AdSense on the blog since the beginning and after three years I’ve earned about $18.)


And since I get to end this anniversary post any way I want, I’m going to sum up these three Impossible Kisses years with these links:


Goldfish And Sea Monsters #1 of 3

Goldfish And Sea Monsters #2 of 3

Goldfish And Sea Monsters #3 of 3














No comments: