Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Peter Gabriel’s “Solsbury Hill”





Climbing up on Solsbury Hill
I could see the city light
Wind was blowing, time stood still
Eagle flew out in the night

He was something to observe
Came in close, I heard a voice
Standing stretching every nerve
I had to listen had no choice


I did not believe the information
Just had to trust imagination

My heart was going boom, boom, boom

Son, he said, grab your things,
I’ve come to take you home


To keeping silence I resigned
My friends would think I was a nut
Turning water into wine
Open doors would soon be shut

So I went from day to day
Thought my life was in a rut
Till I thought of what I’d say
Which connection I should cut


I was feeling part of the scenery
I walked right out of the machinery

My heart was going boom, boom, boom

Hey, he said, grab your things,
I’ve come to take you home


When illusion spins her net
I’m never where I want to be
And liberty, she pirouettes
When I think that I am free

Watched by empty silhouettes
Who close their eyes, but still can see
No one taught them etiquette
I will show another me


Today I don’t need a replacement
I’ll tell them what the smile on my face meant

My heart is going boom, boom, boom

Hey, I say, you can keep my things
They’ve come to take me home

Take me home




















No comments: