Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bernadette’s Mirror: Fossilized


Bernadette’s mirror is a mystery to me.
I’ve looked into it and now I can’t look away.

I wonder: Is this the Medusa myth for real?

I’ve seen Bernadette’s mirror. I’ve looked into it.
Motion, now, is something else, like a distant place
I once visited but can never return to.
Movement, now, is just a thing that I remember.

I am stone, now, in front of Bernadette’s mirror,
something like hypnotized but more like enraptured.
Watching. Lost among the reflections. Fossilized.

I’m a museum piece, now, to the world outside
the reflections I see in Bernadette’s mirror.






. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Bernadette’s Mirror


The Fossil And The Paleontologist

Fossils Never Run Away, But
















No comments: