Wednesday, October 12, 2011

You And Me, I Mean, Mare Carminum





I know the names of features on the Moon
but what is the Moon, what are we naming,
and does the Moon put names on our features,
the Earth, I mean, or do I mean the Moon
seeing us better than we see the Moon
and does the Moon put names on our features,
you and me, I mean, does the Moon name us?

There is a dark area on the Moon
called Mare Nubium, the Sea of Clouds,
and we have real clouds here that cast shadows,
create dark areas always changing,
but does the Moon ignore that changing dark
seeing us better than we see the Moon
and hearing us when we can’t hear the Moon?

Does the Moon watch and listen to us sing
love songs to ghosts lost and gone forever
from this Mare Carminum, Sea of Songs?









. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



When The Night Shapes Itself


Clouds Drift As If They’re Listening





















No comments: