Friday, January 28, 2011

Moonlight Becomes You



If I say I love you
I want you to know
It’s not just because there’s moonlight although
Moonlight becomes you so




“Moonlight Becomes You”

Moonlight Becomes You is a popular song,
composed by Jimmy Van Heusen with lyrics
by Johnny Burke. The song was written for
the Paramount Pictures release Road to Morocco (1942)
and published in 1942 in connection with the film.
Vic Schoen (staff arranger for Paramount)
wrote the arrangement.







There was moonlight. And then Hollywood light.
And I guess there was Hollywood moonlight,
which was electric and didn’t look much
like real moonlight but everybody knew
it was pretend and pretending was fun.

I’ve studied the Moon through a telescope
and I’ve seen my share of Hollywood light.
I think real moonlight can become someone.
And I think Hollywood light can be fun,
although Hollywood moonlight is pretend.

I think almost everybody today
is television light. It’s not moonlight.
It’s not pretend. And in it there’s no fun.
If I say “I love you” you might glow but
television moonlight is just a show.






























No comments: