Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Real Writers Almost Never Say ‘Sparkle’



I don’t have plans and schemes
I don’t have hopes and dreams
I don’t have anything
Since I don’t have you





When the audience laughs at sad Penny
in her hopeless desperation,
Buckaroo talks to the audience,
saying, “Hey, hey, hey. Don’t be mean.
We don’t have to be mean. Because
remember—No matter where you go,
there you are.”









“In the movie Scream 3,” I said,
“the Parker Posey character
is Jennifer Jolie, after
the Jen/Angie tabloid hatred.”

Borgy said, “Christ, I should have read
the credits. I love when chatter
from real life is subject matter
for art. Well, what we have instead.”

For three or four generations
films were created and consumed
by readers. Story was the star.

Now television sensations
raise us all and we’re all subsumed
in the sparkle. And here we are.






















. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
















I know I said I wasn’t
going to embed video
but I changed my mind
temporarily.

















No comments: