Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Porcelain Scientists With Metal Helpers


I’ve never looked at
my kitchen sink wondering
if the sink’s faucet

and the sink itself
extend from a dimension
where organic life

is a mystery
and porcelain scientists
with metal helpers

investigate us
by studying our kitchens—
what we eat and drink,

how we wash dishes.
But it occurs to me now
sinks and their faucets

might be counting on
our blind trust in our kitchens
to learn our secrets.

They know how we cook.
They know how we eat and drink.
How we wash dishes.

Sinks and faucets know
how women take care of their
fine hand washables.

I will be watching
my kitchen more closely now.
If there’s a pathway

to a dimension
of porcelain scientists
with metal helpers

watching us closely,
well, paths can be walked two ways.
We can travel there.

We can study them.
I want to know everything.
And the kitchen sink.









. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Sunshine On Breakfast


Dining At Impossible Kisses















No comments: