Monday, May 10, 2010

A Compass Like A Piece Of Clothing


Letty wears a compass like a piece of clothing.

She wears it clipped to her belt or to her purse strap.

As we’ve been walking around downtown Chicago
I’ve watched her check the compass every now and then.

At some point I said, “I think your phone can do maps
that tell you directions and show you where you’re at.”

Letty shrugged. She said, “I love my compass. It’s like
a phone that’s connected to the planet itself.
Connected to the lines-of-force from the north pole
to the south pole. Always showing me which way’s which.
And not with computers. No monthly payment plan.
Just the astrophysics of the planet spinning.”

Letty wears a compass like a piece of clothing.

High fashion clothing. Designed for a cosmic look.







. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Dirty Laundry In Cézanne’s Country #1: The Garden

Dirty Laundry In Cézanne’s Country #2: The Woman In The Garden

Dirty Laundry In Cézanne’s Country #3: The Message

Dirty Laundry In Cézanne’s Country #4: The Reply



A Piece Of Clothing













No comments: