Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Bobber On The Asphalt



Yesterday I got some soup to take home
from a restaurant a few blocks away.
Walking with my soup through their parking lot
I noticed a bobber on the asphalt.
Fishermen use bobbers when bait fishing
to signal when a fish has found their bait.
I wondered if someone had been fishing
for the creatures that move around unseen
somehow, somewhere down below the asphalt
and emerge sometimes very late at night.
In the sunlight with warm soup in my hand
fishing for monsters in the parking lot
almost seemed sporting, almost seemed like fun.
But I’ve seen monsters at night. If I saw
a bobber on the asphalt twitch, jerk down,
I never would try to reel in the thing.
Monsters aren’t fish to be hooked, landed,
taken to a taxidermist and stuffed.
If I saw a bobber on the asphalt
twitch, jerk down, I’d run as fast as I could.
I saw a bobber on the asphalt but
I didn’t see who may have been fishing.
I wondered if they had a chance to run.





. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Parking Lots


Parking Lots At Night #1: The Morning Fashion Shoot

Parking Lots At Night #2: Dinner With Shelby

Parking Lots At Night #3: The Parking Lot At Night

Parking Lots At Night #4: The Next Day


Defying Nature In The Parking Lot

Expeditions

















No comments: