Thursday, November 13, 2008

Defying Nature In The Parking Lot


A storm of cars blows into the parking lot.
One car like lightning arcs to ground down through me.
Afterward when the cars blow past I’m black ash,
a shape on the pavement, run through, burned out, fried,
never having gotten inside. I need maps,
forecasts, parking lot meteorology.

I need a geosynchronous satellite
dedicated to sending telemetry
for driving a supercomputer model
that generates predictions of when it’s safe
for me to make it through certain parking lots.

It’s tempting just to stay out of parking lots.

But sometimes sunlight refracting through the cars
creates pretty rainbows. And, you know, sometimes
I need to buy new pencils from the craft store
or check out an old book from the library.

Parking lot weather can be terrifying
but I’m hoping the tools of modern science
can get me through these expeditions alive.






. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Parking Lots


Parking Lots At Night #1: The Morning Fashion Shoot

Parking Lots At Night #2: Dinner With Shelby

Parking Lots At Night #3: The Parking Lot At Night

Parking Lots At Night #4: The Next Day


Expeditions









No comments: