Thursday, November 27, 2008

“I Am The Villain Of The Story”




CLARK: What are you?

EVIL LEX: I was just about to ask you the same question. I dropped half the lab on you and Miss Sullivan. And here you stand.

CLARK: I was lucky.

EVIL LEX: Don’t be modest, Clark. We both know you’re much more than that. It all makes sense now. That first day on the bridge when we met. How you were able to save me when my car went into the river. All the other miraculous times you appeared in just the right place at just the right moment. Almost as if you possessed powers and abilities beyond those of mortal men. You’ve lied to me for years, Clark. But now I know your secret.

CLARK: I don’t know what you’re talking about.

EVIL LEX: Don’t! I saw you after the explosion. You lifted half a ton of concrete like it was nothing. I should have figured it out a long time ago. All the pieces were there. I was just blinded by friendship. A factor that’s been removed from the equation.

CLARK: Whatever you are, whatever you’re planning, I’m going to stop you.

EVIL LEX: No, you aren’t. You’re going to join me.

CLARK: What?

EVIL LEX: Think about, Clark. My intellect. Your powers. Together we could rule this planet. We’ll walk as gods among men.

CLARK: You’re not a god. I’m not even sure you’re human.

EVIL LEX: Are you?

CLARK: Is the real Lex still alive?

EVIL LEX: Oh, you don’t get it, do you? I am the real Lex!

CLARK: Is he still alive?

EVIL LEX: Sort of. I mean, I couldn’t really be sure what would happen to me if I killed him, so I tucked him away where I could keep an eye on him. Maybe torture him a little when I’m feeling blue.


CLARK super-speeds across the five or six feet between him and EVIL LEX. CLARK is instantly on top of EVIL LEX, his fingers wrapped tightly around his throat.


CLARK: Where is he? Where is he?


Suddenly CLARK gasps for breath. CLARK collapses to the floor at the feet of EVIL LEX.


EVIL LEX: What’s the matter, Clark? You look a little sick. Just like back in the lab when you were with the other me. When he opened the safe door and exposed you to meteor rock.


We see that EVIL LEX has a small, lead ring case in his hand. The case is open. We see a ring inside. The ring has a piece of green meteor rock mounted on it. The meteor rock is glowing bright green, sapping all of CLARK’S strength. EVIL LEX removes the ring from the box and puts it on a finger of his left hand.


EVIL LEX: Every man has a weakness, Clark, no matter how superhuman he may be. I’ve embraced my destiny. Now embrace yours. We could forge a new future together.

CLARK: I’ll never join you.

EVIL LEX: Yes, you will. Or everyone you love will suffer.


EVIL LEX punches CLARK. CLARK tumbles backward out of the barn’s second floor window and falls to the ground below. CLARK’S parents, MARTHA and JONATHAN, run from the house to the barn. They kneel next to CLARK.


MARTHA: Oh my God, Clark! You’re bleeding!


EVIL LEX walks out of the barn. He is still wearing the Kryptonite ring. And now he is carrying a pistol, also in his left hand.


EVIL LEX: I’m guessing that doesn’t happen very often.

JONATHAN: Lex! What did you do?


JONATHAN charges toward Evil Lex. Evil Lex points the pistol at JONATHAN. JONATHAN stops.


EVIL LEX: I’ve got to hand it to you guys. I mean, keeping something like this a secret must have required an impressive ability to obscure the truth. Maybe the Kents and the Luthors have something in common after all.


JONATHAN sees the ring glowing on Evil Lex’s hand. Evil Lex notices that JONATHAN has seen the ring.


EVIL LEX: Yeah! I know about the green meteor rock. And Clark’s unique gifts.

MARTHA: What do you want?

EVIL LEX: The world, Mrs. Kent. And your son’s going to help me bring it to its knees. Now talk some sense into him before something unfortunate happens.


EVIL LEX fires the pistol, shooting Jonathan in the leg. Jonathan collapses.


EVIL LEX: Like that. You were right about me all along, Mr. Kent. I am the villain of the story.








Onyx










No comments: