Friday, November 28, 2008

Why Did Beethoven Cross The Road?



QUESTION: Why did Beethoven cross the road?


ANSWER: He thought he saw a piano over there, but it turned out to be just a 7-octave chicken.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



And since this post is already more or less about Beethoven anyway, I’ve got one last one of those Britney/Beethoven things. Kind of wraps up the motif . . .



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .




Britney Spears And Beethoven: Diminuendo


If I were Beethoven, and Britney Spears
came to say goodbye, I think I’d just play.
I just would sit at the keyboard and play
until Britney’s heard enough, disappears.

What could Beethoven do? Tell her his fears?
Stop playing, party with her? Walk away?
Life’s a party for Britney, that’s her way.
Leave? Or talk and pretend that Britney hears?

If I were Beethoven and knew Britney,
I couldn’t just go, pretend to be cold,
but, too, I couldn’t pretend to believe

any words her practiced voice sang to me.
I’d play something. Music we both could hold.
Sounds, thoughts, I wrote for her. Thoughts never leave.










No comments: