Thursday, August 20, 2009

That Third Evil Clown


My thinking is if you rub off
the makeup from an evil clown
the evil clown’s face will look worse
or at best exactly the same.

I wouldn’t want to test this thought
on the fat, sloppy evil clown
that performed its fat, sloppy show
on a stage I now call back then.

I wouldn’t want to test this thought
on the thin, manic evil clown
that tripped across the stage back then
making a show of falling down.

I would like to gently wash off
the wide-eyed, frightened evil clown
that just stood there on stage back then
staring at me watching the show.

I don’t want to relive that show.
And evil clowns as evil clowns
make me turn away. But do I
feel love for that third evil clown?





. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


The Dark Sidewalk

Three Clowns On The Dark Sidewalk



Evil Clowns: Summer 2009









No comments: