I’m not a fan of anything about Roseanne Barr. Not anything about her as a person, not anything she’s done in her ‘career.’ However, recently she posted something on her blog that I think is worth propagating through the blogosphere. So today I’m doing my part:
“. . . jon voight your evil spawn angelina jolie and her vacuous hubby brad pitt make about forty million dollars a year in violent psychopathic movies and give away three of it to starving children trying to look as if they give a crap about humanity as they spit out more dunces that will consume more than their fair share and wreck the earth even more. (just sayin').”
Roseanne World, August 15, 2008: “Jon Voight”
I like this quote so much I’m going to number a few of the reasons:
- It’s interesting that even stupid Hollywood people have noticed that work seems to come to performers who understand the ‘kick-back’ principle of charity.
- It’s interesting that even stupid Hollywood people recognize the relatively big budget movies Jolie and Pitt crank out are worthless.
- It’s interesting that other people must think stuff similar to this, but the only person saying it publicly is a lunatic fringe has-been like Barr.
- It’s interesting that even a lunatic fringe has-been like Barr only says something like this in the context of a crazy political rant.
- It’s interesting that anyone in Hollywood would first understand and secondly admit that it is even possible for a movie to be “psychopathic.”
That last point is my favorite.
The Goblin Universe view—of course!—is that the really smart people in Hollywood have understood for decades that a movie can be psychopathic.
Why would anyone want to make psychopathic movies?
I’ve been touching on that topic for as long as this blog as been around.
For instance, in: Return To The Other Way Of Making A Frankenstein’s Monster