Monday, December 26, 2011

This Bright Old World Of Ours As A Rune




I was drawing a cartoon
about a woman who played
with monsters, monster games made
to play out under the moon,

not described in word or rune,
where blood is black, colors grayed
by full moon light, blood is trade
by new moon dark, death a boon.

Real monsters took a woman away.
I didn’t know her. I knew her art.
She tried. Played what no one wins. She lost.

I wish more than anything today
we could help each other win our part.
We can’t. We’re alone with monsters. Lost.






I saw the waxing crescent Moon tonight.
It was only a day and five hours old.
Venus was in the west too, bright and bold
just south of the Moon’s thin, dim, orange light.

Bright Venus and a young thin Moon. The sight
made me think of Amy Winehouse. She’s cold
as the night now, but close enough to hold
as a thought. A twilight thought at midnight.

Did Amy ever look up at the stars?
Did she ever know anyone who knew
which star is Venus, or where’s the young Moon?

If nothing else this bright old world of ours
took those people away from her, the few
who know such things, and made her world a rune.







. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .




(I wrote this in the early AM hours
of Monday, 12/26. But for me
it was late Sunday night. And I
was still thinking about seeing
the beautiful 2% illuminated Moon
just after sundown late that afternoon.)



*


The Difference Between Clouds And Conquistadors


I’m Sorry The World Did This To You




Kate Moss (And Why My Life Is Derailed)


Never Having Kissed Amy


The World And The Supervillain’s Nightclub


Ode To The Concept Of Cotton Candy


Amy Winehouse In The Sea Of Crises


Expedition To Amy


Posh People Squabbling


Amy Winehouse Makes It Official


Pretty Blue Flowers At The Gates Of Hell


















No comments: