Thursday, March 24, 2011

How Illumination Works





I’ve never been to Dublin
but I like Molly Malone.

I found this pic on the net.

You can see light from the sky
shining on the cobblestones.

If a real Molly Malone
pushed a barrow of seafood
along this street in Dublin
light tinted blue from the sky
would illuminate Molly
and her cockles and mussels.

Using digital effects
nowadays anybody
could animate a figure
into this still photograph
and also add a soundtrack
and create Molly Malone.

I’ve never been to Dublin
but I like Molly Malone.

If I animated her
I’d do color-correction
and change the blue-tinted light
to warm sunlight-colored light.

Animation lets you change
how illumination works.

I’ve never been to Dublin
but I like Molly Malone.

I’d make sunlight shine on her.








. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Robot In The Rain


Headphones And Crucibles


No Doubts About The Party



A Mussel Of A Different Color



Molly Malone Redux


Sharks In Shoes



*



When I started with:

I’ve never been to Dublin
but I like “Molly Malone.”

I’d intended to include
a YouTube video
of
“Never Been To Spain”
but I looked through twenty
screens of covers and
they were all awful.

That girl who sings in her closet
should do a version!

Sorry. I tried, I looked around.
There’s just nothing
out there yet.






















No comments: