Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Men, Women, The Hollywood Promise



Only a fool like fools before me
I always think with my heart
Only a fool that same old story
Seems I was born for the part
It's a lesson to be learned
And a page I should have turned
I shouldn't cry but I do
Like an ordinary fool
When his ordinary dreams fall through






The days slide by
Should have done, should have done, we all sigh
Never thought I'd ever be so lonely
After such a long, long time
Time out of mind
We made mad love
Shadow love
Random love
And abandoned love
Accidentally like a martyr
The hurt gets worse
And the heart gets harder








No I’ve never known a sexy French spy
who had me perform at her north side club
and then promised me a small movie role
if I’d let her pretend to manage me

and book me in another north side club
the next weekend. And no I do not know
why the manager of that other club
‘killed himself’ out back while I was playing.

And if a sexy French woman vanished
from her club after the guy ‘killed himself’
and never showed to take me to LA

I wouldn’t break out the blues riffs because
I’d have gotten ticket cash in advance
and just banked it, never bought the tickets.





. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


French Guns Come Out Of Little Purses


The Application Of Beyond Understanding







































No comments: