Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Imagine Space Cheerleaders



You say Black
I say White

You say Bark
I say Bite

You say Shark
I say, Hey, man,
Jaws was never my scene
And I don't like Star Wars








Every now and then I am tempted to do a long post about Star Wars and I’ve always been thankful that I’ve never given in and actually created any of the posts.

Today is another day where I am controlling myself.

Careful readers of this blog will remember I came close to talking about Star Wars in a post from way back in March, 2007, about a brave squirrelmaid: Triss

Today I’m coming close to talking about Star Wars in a post about space cheerleaders.

It’s been longer than I care to remember since I’ve met either a brave squirrelmaid or a space cheerleader, but, you know, every day is a new hope . . .


*


Of the nine billion Star Wars spoofs I’ve seen, my favorite is from the TV show iCarly. The bit is 53 seconds long. I suspect it cost less than any of the films in the Star Wars so-called saga and it’s called, Melanie Higgles: Space Cheerleader.”

This is a link to within the iCarly site. The site is annoying. The first time you follow the link, you must click on a pair of socks to continue. [sighs] Then the video takes a second to load and play, but the video will load and start itself, do not follow other instructions and click on anything yourself except the socks.

[Update 10/09 -- I think the link goes direct now. Click on the image, and then use your best judgement. I don’t think you’ll have to click again. Last update ever -- This player works, but you may have to sort of get it started by clicking on the frame to activate it and then click on the pause/play button to activate that and then give it a few seconds to buffer. Geesh.]


Melanie Higgles: Space Cheerleader at iCarly:















No comments: