Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Scenes From “It Came From Beneath The Sea” – C

INTERIOR, NIGHT – FANCY SAN FRANCISCO RESTAURANT

The NAVY GUY, the GIRL and the SCIENTIST
are seated at a quiet table. They are having
drinks and talking.

The Navy Guy:

Well, I guess that’s it. The sub has
been ordered on patrol. I’ll be on sea duty
for a few months. I’ll be seeing you, John.


The Scientist:

Soon, I hope.

The Navy Guy:

Will I be seeing you, Leslie?

The Girl:

You mean when I get back from Cairo?

The Navy Guy:

I mean, women can change, move away,
get married, have families.

The Girl:

Well, there is that possibility, but,
ummm, A, there isn’t time for that to
happen to me. B, I can be reached at
the school. And, C, how would you
like to collaborate with me on a
book, ‘How To Catch A Sea Beast?’


The NAVY GUY and the GIRL kiss.
The NAVY GUY lights a cigarette.

The Navy Guy:

Doctor, you were right about this
new breed of woman.

The GIRL silently congratulates herself
on the success of her catch-and-release
program with the NAVY GUY. She
looks at the SCIENTIST and dreamily
imagines the cool, Egyptian nights
she’ll be enjoying soon with him.


FADE TO BLACK – THE END




It Came From Beneath The Sea




Coming tomorrow: The Atomic Octopus Song (Goodbye Jamie)




No comments: