Tuesday, October 05, 2010

An Attractive Cold Shoulder



I talk to the trees
But they don’t listen to me
I talk to the stars
But they never hear me
The breeze hasn’t time
To stop and hear what I say
I talk to them all
In vain



“I Talk to the Trees”
What Is Love? 6—Broadway Diamond







Both my guitar amplifier
and my keyboard have headphone jacks.

I can play, ‘I Talk to the Trees,’
on either guitar or keyboard
and the trees, the stars and the wind
couldn’t hear if they wanted to.

I don’t think they want to listen.

Maybe I’m just getting seduced
by my headphones but if I could
I wouldn’t take off my headphones
but rather when I was finished
playing, say, ‘I Talk to the Trees,’
on guitar or keyboard, instead
of unplugging and taking off
my headphones I’d crawl into them.

I think I would like it in there.

Maybe I’m just getting seduced
by technology with switches
and the trees, the stars and the wind
are only playing hard to get.

Technology is a groupie.

But the trees, the stars and the wind
have an attractive cold shoulder.






















No comments: