Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lame Thursday (Another [!] Sick Day)


Hmmm. It’s (late) Thursday night as I type this and I am not feeling too well.

There are lots of interesting (and mostly terrifying) things going on in the Gulf of Mexico, but I don’t have anything much to add to that topic right now.

I tried out some new, inexpensive watercolor paints a few days ago and didn’t like them very much, but I don’t have much to say about painting right now.

USA Today reviewed the new Sony EVIL-format camera in Thursday’s paper. I still haven’t bought a camera, but I still like the Olympus design best. But I don’t have much to say about photography right now.

I worked out a nice, simple arrangement of an old jazz standard a few days ago but I’m hesitant about doing another guitar video. I just did one last Friday. So I don’t have much to say about music right now.

Earlier today I had lots of energy. I went shopping. Did laundry. Got my hair cut. I took advantage of the internet to exchange e-mails with people about art and physics and all sorts of cool stuff I don’t get enough chances to talk to real people about in real life.

Then at some point either I ate something weird or my body got attacked by some virus or something because it was like flipping a switch—one minute I felt great, then I felt awful.

So this is going to be a pretty lame Thursday post.

About the only thing I have that even hints of being interesting is another example of a skilled artist using watercolor to create something wildly cool. This image is more technique-driven than the cool Sidaway drawing of oil rigs, but this is cool, too. Man! When an artist knows how to think about watercolor the medium can do anything. And do it great! And at the artist’s blog he describes how he created the image.

Here’s a watercolor painting of a shark by Matthew Warren Lee, and a link to his “Paintings And Drawings” blog:










. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



A Thomas Dolby Update (Sick Day)


























No comments: