Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Being A Writer In Drew’s World



But doesn’t she feel that roles for women become more sparse the older they become? ‘I admit I’ve been fortunate. I’m not at that place yet, age-wise, and maybe when I am I’ll feel that way. But I think, “Get over it! Don’t be bitter and complainy! Figure out something else to do with your life.” It sucks that it’s sexist, and it sucks that it’s not often the case for men, but you don’t have to sit on the couch and be angry that you’re not getting roles. Pick up a camera, work at a dog rescue home, become a writer – there are a million things to do in this world.’



Drew Barrymore comes to terms with her troubled past
Daily Mail Online





Thank you, Drew.

So, there you go. When people fail as actors or actresses they can become cinematographers. If they fail at cinematography they can work at an animal shelter. When people get fired from the animal shelter they should become writers.

That’s the place of the writer in the modern world.

Is it any wonder the movers & shakers are phasing out books?

Thank you, Drew, for summing it up so beautifully.

Now I’m going to go apply for a job burning monkeys.










. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



My Five Celebrity Pencil Cartoons (Annotated)


Drew Barrymore and Eugene Ionesco












No comments: