Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Lidian Emerson As Vertical Lines



Imagine a world without any trees



Like A Bright Green Fantasy








Lately I’ve seen three or four utility poles
leaning at an angle instead of standing straight.

This is so unusual I had a hard time
taking the picture—I kept tipping my phone-cam
in some unconscious imperative to line up
the vertical shape of the utility pole
with the vertical side of the viewfinder frame.

Poles holding up our wires are supposed to be straight.

Can whatever makes a utility pole lean
make a utility pole fall down completely?

Leaning doesn’t look competent, strong, official.

It doesn’t look efficient and scientific.

I’m really going to miss the trees when the world
that has trees in it is taken away from us.

I miss right now the world that was taken away
where poles holding up our wires stood straight up and down.











. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Sunlight On Lidian Emerson


The Point Of A Pin


Quasi Una Petroleum Fantasia













No comments: